Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Scout Guide Has Arrived

Back in February, I wrote a post about my fun experience of being "model for a day" during the photo shoot for The Scout Guide.  I'm excited to report that the Alexandria/Arlington/McLean edition of the guide has formally arrived!

The mission of The Scout Guide is to highlight the flavor, passion, and character of small businesses, local artisans, and the communities they serve.  (From their website).  What started in Charlottesville, Virginia has now spread to locales all around the United States.  Each guide is curated by local experts who know and love their cities!

In addition to the beautifully bound and produced guide, the Scout Guide site includes a locally focused blog and online directory of each of the businesses included in the book.  The book is distributed at events, stores, restaurants, and hotels.  Zoe is so delighted to be included in The Scout Guide.


Next up:  The Girl Scouts

5 comments:

  1. I hope you have framed a copy of that page to hang some place. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to stop by and check out an actual copy of The Scout Guide. You look great in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome. I agree with Renee, you need to frame and hang it in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a wonderful picture! I hope it drives lots of business to you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I was thrilled with how it turned out! It just goes to show that middle-aged ladies can clean up pretty nicely!

    ReplyDelete