Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Zoe's Fall Windows

In my continued mea culpa regarding my poor blog posting, I realized that I had interviewed Tara on the topic of this blog when I was in the store following the District Sample Sale, oh....about a month ago.  It is high time I got around to giving you the details around these beautiful windows!


The origin:  Our lovely Alexandra is studying for the SAT and, during quiet times in the store, she and Tara review vocabulary words.  (Who knew that working at Zoe was so educational?)  One of the words was "defoliate" and Tara challenged Alexandra to use it in a sentence.  As they discussed the word in detail, all Tara could think of was falling leaves.  And an idea for a window display was born!

The two of them had also ventured to Georgetown one evening to see the movie "Scatter My Ashes At Bergdorfs" and had been wowed by the window displays and how each one told a story.  Even more inspired, Tara began searching for the templates to help her carry out her vision.

She found the templates for the beautiful fall leaves online and began printing and coloring leaves in her spare time  (coloring them at one of her boyfriend's football games, she was asked if she was a teacher!)  For the trees (shown below) she resourcefully used cardboard from the boxes containing clothes that are delivered to Zoe.  (We are all about recycling, reusing, and repurposing at Zoe!)  The corrugated cardboard was perfect for creating a bark-like effect when she added a darker brown market to it.


Like Janice and Karen, she doesn't tell me exactly what she is planning but assures me that I will like it (and I always do!)  If you haven't already, make sure to stop by to let her know how much you love her windows!


No comments:

Post a Comment