Sunday, July 31, 2011

Alumni Connections

When I opened Zoe, one of my early efforts to spread the word was to contact my two universities with the news that I had changed jobs and was a new business owner.  UVA's McIntire School of Commerce was immediately supportive!  I got a nice note from the Dean (who I met when I did the Executive Program in Denmark) and a beautiful business card holder that I use at Zoe today.  I also had members of the Development Office contact me and meet with me to start planning an Ivy Society event.

The information on Zoe was just published in the William & Mary Alumni News this past week (I had just missed the timing of the previous magazine).  Just from that little blurb I've had two different people come in from W&M and introduce themselves!  The first was on Thursday morning when a woman who had been a classmate and a friend came in right after I opened.  The second was a man and his wife (he was class of 85, she class of 90) visiting from Cary, NC stopped in the store on Saturday afternoon!  They were in Alexandria for his high school reunion (he was a graduate of the no longer in existence Ft. Hunt HS but their reunions are held through West Potomac HS) and stopped by Zoe to meet me!  I was so delighted with both visits!

Also on Saturday afternoon, a couple was having their engagement photos taken against the stone outside Zoe's windows.  The photographer told me that the windows were so pretty with the stone she thought it was a perfect setting.  The happy couple looked so nice - it is fun to think that Zoe gets to be a small part of people's lives like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment