Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Summer Market

Wait a minute!  Are you sure you aren't confused?  Didn't you mean to title this post "Winter Market"?  Or at least "Spring Market"?

Yesterday, I went to New York to market to shop for Summer.  Yep.  And winter just officially started about 20 days ago.  And it was a nice, crisp 32 degrees in New York (at least it wasn't snowing like it was here - not at all sorry that I missed THAT fun.)

The day started out like most do with my early morning departure from Union Station.  Easy trip to Penn Station while I caught up on my reading (and enjoying taking advantage of the new wi-fi on the NE Regional with my new Kindle Fire).  I had to take a cab this time because the smaller shows (Summer, Winter, Holiday) are held at Piers 92/94 rather than at the Javits Center (which is in walking distance).

I was pleasantly surprised to see how busy things were at the show.  I had three specific appointments and had been told to drop by the other booths for my lines.  It is always fun to see my reps in person and see what new and lovely things they have to offer.

One of the highlights of my day was meeting designer Yoana Baraschi.  While I do not have any of her line in the store yet, it will be arriving for Spring.  When I stopped by the booth, my rep James was there to show me the Summer collection.  Yoana was in the booth as well and he introduced me to her.  She was so lovely and elegant - what an honor!  I wish I had asked someone to take a picture of us together (but that might be a little too star-struck!)

In total, I visited 12 designers yesterday.  A very hectic day but doable since the summer collections are smaller.  I had a 4:42 train returning to DC so I made up my mind that I had to be in the taxi line by 3:30.  I made in back to Penn Station in time to snag a delicious black and white cookie before getting on the train!

My friend Renee always likes to know what I wore when I went to market.  I wore this gorgeous Velvet Breezy cashmere dress, grey tights and black ankle boots.  Warm and stylish - a great combination!

Next up:  Zoe gets an Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment