Monday, January 21, 2013

The Scout Guide Party

I promise that this is the last post from my catch-up from December.  And I realized that I've posted a bit out of order since there was just so much going on.  But I would be remiss if I didn't mention The Scout Guide Holiday Party.

If you have been a regular reader of the blog, you may remember how much I enjoyed my photo session for The Scout Guide last February.  The guides were published in late May/early June of last year and we've been sharing them with our customers since that time.

Recently, a new editor (relocated from The Scout Guide corporate offices in Charlottesville) took over The Scout Guide for our area and decided to hold a holiday party for current and potential new members of the Guide.  She held the party at my lovely down-the-street neighbor, Mystique Jewelers.

The party was set to start at 6 pm so Tara (Zoe's Assistant Manager) and I walked the block to Mystique immediately after closing the store.  Things were already in full swing with wine from Scout Guide store Unwined and catering from A Thyme and Place (how clever is that name?)

So many of us who are store owners are so busy with our businesses and life that we don't often get to visit with each other.  It was such fun to get to see my fellow Old Town Boutique District store owners Kelly (Bishop Boutique) and Liz (Mystique).



We were also encouraged to invite our customers!  I was so thrilled that Friends of Zoe Christina and Maggie also attended the event (Christina looks fabulous in the Rebecca Taylor top she purchased from Zoe that very day!)


Before the event ended that evening, they took a picture of all of the business owners in attendance that night!  Pretty exciting to be associated with such a great group of people!


They had beautiful SWAG bags for all of the attendees - each one had treats from the store owners as well as all the Virginia-based Scout Guides!  It was a very fun evening and was a great example of the enthusiasm that the editor is placing on The Guide!  Looking forward to Volume 2!

Next Up:  Summer Market

No comments:

Post a Comment