Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Warehouse Sale - Part II

Like anything that I'm uncertain about in life, I was extraordinarily anxious about the news segment scheduled for Wednesday morning.  So I went back to my tried and true rules (from corporate life) of how to quell as much of that anxiety as possible.

#1 - Wear something that makes you feel entirely comfortable.  This goes back to my earlier blog post on not letting your clothing choices be part of the reason you feel anxious.  I chose the cute Beth Bowley Wool Shift that I had been wearing during the Fall and Winter.  I knew it fit well, was comfortable, and had no likelihood for wardrobe malfunctions.

#2 - Don't overstudy.  Let's face it - I'm going to be talking about something I know and I love.  There is no reason to over-think it and over-rehearse it.  Go over it a few times and then let it go.

#3 - Go to bed early.  I always do this and then end up waking up about 10 times during the night.  This was even worse because I knew I had to get up early to be there by 6 am.  At least I didn't have to go far from home (I can see the Masonic Memorial when I walk out my front door).

The night before, I had decided that I did not like the mascara I had on hand as well as the lipstick.  A trip to CVS was necessary to remedy this situation.

Wednesday started early (I got up at 4:15).  When I arrived at the Masonic Memorial, it was raining.  I (and others) had even beat the TV crew there!  We got in and got settled and the models arrived as well.  The TV host (Annie Yu) would do short teasers about 15 - 20 minutes before each longer segment.  Everything was live!

Once I got there (and made sure I knew how to pronounce the brand of shoes my model was wearing), I started to calm down.  I'm like that - once I get the lay of the land and once the train has left the station, I'm ok.  At that point, I figure I can't get off any way so I might as well enjoy the ride.

In between segments, we got to take some pictures.


Me (Zoe), Amy Rutherford (Red Barn Mercantile), Annie Yu (Fox 5), Toni Henderson (Mint Condition), Jill (Treat), Elizabeth Todd (The Shoe Hive)

Brianna (Zoe's lovely model in Alice & Trixie) and Me.

Before we knew it, it was really showtime. The first long segment had Elizabeth talking about the origins of the Warehouse Sale, the Boutique District, and pointing out some of the great finds.  Zoe got some good press during this segment.  The second second included each of us talking about the outfits displayed on the models - my speaking part!

The link to both videos can be found here.

As soon as we were done with the second long segment, we were told that we could go.  Knowing that Janice and Karen were on the way to open the store for me, I quickly packed up and headed to the store.  It was so nice to have them there (they were finishing the Valentine's Day decorations) while I got settled in and took care of some of my morning routine items.

The challenging part?  I already felt like I had done a days work and my day hadn't even really started yet!  And I still had the sale to get ready for on Saturday!  Lots of caffeine was consumed that day...

Next up:  The Actual Sale

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a double starbucks kind of day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juice, not only was it a double Starbucks day, I also ended up drinking the Coke Zero that Janice had left in the fridge at Zoe. I did replace it the very next morning and confessed my transgression to her. The things we do in a moment of weakness.

    ReplyDelete