Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summertime Window Decorations

In the over two years that I've been keeping this blog, I've found certain posts that are viewed over and over again.  The ones dealing with my window decorations (created by my amazing friends at Semper Stylish) are some of the most popular!  And with good reason!

For those of you who have viewed these window design posts previously, you know that I share a general vision with Janice and Karen but completely defer the creative process to them.  They are constantly on the lookout for inexpensive items that can be used in Zoe's windows (and can be reused in different scenarios!)  They never disappoint.

With summer arriving and 4th of July eminent, I had asked them to come up with a red, white, and blue theme that could also carry the windows late into the season.  They arrived at the store early one morning to set up the new window display.


The finished product - red and blue pinwheels with sparkly streamers, white globes, and clear balls with red, white, and blue confetti!

What might not be evident from this picture is all of the incredible detail and effort that goes into the window decorations.


Each pinwheel has tissue paper on one side and a unique antique button on the other side.


White paper globes were a find at Goodwill!


Each of the clear glass balls (yes, glass - we broke a couple hanging them up!) is filled with folded or shredded tissue paper.

I cannot begin to do justice to the process for making all of these beautiful decorations so I'll have you read the "how to" on the Semper Stylish website.  I can't wait to see what will be next!

Next up:  Pop Up Shop?

No comments:

Post a Comment