Sunday, March 31, 2013

Junior Friends Toast to Fashion - Year Two

This was Zoe's second year of participating in the Junior Friends Toast to Fashion Event at the Belle Haven Country Club in the Fairfax County section of Alexandria.  And it was even more fun this year because I was part of the committee!

A lot of work goes into the event, which benefits The Campagna Center in Alexandria, Virginia.  This year, I was on the raffle committee, which takes all of the generous donations from many businesses in the area, groups them into gift baskets and determines the theme.  We had so many wonderful donations thanks to Donations Committee Chair Kaitlin Moomaw that we had a lot of work to do!  By the time we were done on the Monday evening prior to the event, we had 19 wonderful baskets for the raffle! 

And Zoe had the wonderful opportunity to dress a model this year!  Doesn't our model Willow look gorgeous?
Graham & Spencer Dress, Katie Bartels Necklace


Red 23 Top, Red Engine Jeans, Alexandra Satine Bag, Chan Luu Wrap Bracelet

In addition to the fashion show, there are a number of vendors set up around the room.  Since I plan to go to the Junior Friends Bowties and Belles event in early May, I felt I needed to find the perfect hat/fascinator.  I tried on two:


A Zoe Pink Fascinator


And a Black Fascinator - which one do you think I chose?

The event is also a fun time to catch up with existing customers and friends.  I was so happy that my friend and Zoe customer Renee attended this year with her friend Erica.


It was hard to know what to wear (confession - I selected my outfit about a half hour prior to leaving for the event.)  Especially since it was a spring show and the weather was still decidedly wintery outside!  I wore the Yoana Baraschi Space Girl Dress and Coat that we had sold at Zoe in the Fall.


I was also happy to have Zoe's Assistant Manager, Tara, with me for the event.  Doesn't she look fabulous in her Alice and Trixie Dress? 

The event ended up raising over $18,000 for The Campagna Center!  With the sequestration cuts set to affect this great organization, the timing could not have been better!

Next Up:  The Power Suit


No comments:

Post a Comment