Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Final Results - Window Wonderland Contest

Many of you who read the blog on a regular basis knew that Zoe was entered in a Window Wonderland Contest here in Old Town Alexandria.  From Black Friday through December 5th, individuals could vote for their favorite window display.  The winner would receive a visit from the mayor, a big red bow to place on the outside of their building/space, and earned media.  And, of course, bragging rights.

Zoe mounted a forceful campaign which served as a reminder to me why I quickly got out of politics (my first career out of college).  I can do it when I have to but it definitely isn't enjoyable or within my comfort zone!  Once all of the dust had settled, Zoe had finished a very respectable third place with 494 votes.  The store had received some social media attention by hovering in the top three for the last three days of voting.  A significant accomplishment for a new business!

Janice and Karen were in this morning to watch Zoe while I went offsite to a meeting.  They are already planning for next year's window!  I can't wait to see it!

Thanks again to EVERYONE who voted for Zoe.  And the Happiest of Holidays to you!



Next up:  My Trek to George Mason

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is awesome in your first year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very respectable finish for our Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Cary and Juice! Cary remembers me in those political days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Susan! Way to go, next year will definitely be 1st place!
    Merry Christmas
    Debbie B.

    ReplyDelete