Monday, May 31, 2010

Location Location Location

One of the most important things in any real estate transaction!

Very interesting article in the Washington Post this morning regarding the pluses and minuses of "Lifestyle Centers". For the full article, see http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/30/AR2010053002894.html

I've considered locations like the Village at Shirlington or Pentagon Row for Zoe but am also drawn to more traditional "downtowns" like Old Town Alexandria and the Clarendon/Courthouse area in Arlington. Malls and strip centers haven't been on my list simply because they didn't seem to fit the character of what I'm trying to do with the store.

As a shopper, if I go to a location with a "big box" store (Target, Best Buy), I'm normally going for that store only - I probably won't shop around at other stores in the area. Where if I'm going to an area with a smaller store or numerous restaurants, I'm much more likely to shop at other stores in the area.

I loved living in Arlington, where we could walk to so many places from our home. I think there are a lot of people who long for that experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment