Tuesday, June 1, 2010

More Credit/Debit Card debate

The Business section of this morning's Washington Post contains more discussion on the legislation surrounding swipe fees for credit/debit cards. See the article at: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/31/AR2010053103275.html

Very interesting that state governments are now getting involved to lobby against the legislation but they have a point based on their strategy of using the cards rather than printing checks. It just seems that there has to be a way that is fair to everyone - the banks, the retailers (me!), and those issuing/using the cards. Definitely interesting to watch legislation that may have a direct effect on Zoe.

This morning, I'm going to the bank to deposit the rest of Zoe's funding into her business account! And placing a call to the America's Mart/Atlanta to see if I can come to market at the end of next week! I also need to return the calls to the Point of Sale Vendors who I had contacted last week prior to needing to leave town for a funeral. Then back to the business plan. I love thinking about inventory turns and sales per square foot. And I promise we'll start talking fashion in the blog soon! (Just need to get all of the business out of the way first!)

No comments:

Post a Comment