Friday, June 25, 2010

Fun Fun Fun

Last night after dinner, I took the three pages of potential logos and I cut them out so that I could look at each logo individually. Seated at the kitchen table, I spread them out and rearranged them and considered each one. I slowly started eliminating various designs, until I had gotten down to 7 that I liked. The 7 fall into one of two "families" of design, so in many ways I've really narrowed it down to two distinct styles. I am leaning one particular way but still need to think on it for a few days. Getting closer!

I had a great time walking Del Ray this morning. It is such a fun, vibrant neighborhood. I think what I like about it is that it reminds me of other areas that I enjoy shopping, like Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale, Orange Avenue in Coronado, and Prospect Street in La Jolla. I saw some potential spaces and have contacted the agents to have further discussions. Many of the stores there do not open until 11 although a few open at 10. At one of the stores that does open at 10, the owner told me that they have found that mothers drop off their kids for school, stop for coffee, and then want to shop. Sounds good to me!

This morning, I also signed up for a Business CostCo membership. Yes, I have taken the plunge. I know that I need a good place to get basic supplies for Zoe and CostCo seemed to make the most sense. With the purchase of a business membership, I also get a personal membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment