Friday, June 4, 2010

Market Analysis

Yesterday, I continued working on Market Analysis and now have in my possession the IBISWorld Industry Risk Rating Report for Women's Clothing Stores in the US. The staff at marketresearch.com was very helpful in making sure I had the right report for my line of business. As you might imagine, the analysis focuses first on Porter's Five Forces (MSMITers, I know we all remember this!) as well as Growth analysis and Consumer/Financial Markets sensitivity risks.

I have also been trying to determine the best networking/learning organization for me as a new business owner and selected/joined the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) - www.nawbo.org. They have a local chapter here in the DC/Northern Virginia area as well as a robust national chapter. They have different levels of membership and I joined as an "Emerging Business Owner" - one who is in the process of starting a business or has been in business for less than 2 years. I'm looking forward to this different kind of networking!

The marketing plan and my own competitive analysis notes rounded out the work on Zoe yesterday. I also received a mailing from one of the potential Point of Sale systems and have a DVD to watch with a software demo. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment