Friday, July 19, 2013

You're Either In or You're Out

This morning on my personal Twitter feed, I retweeted Pat Riley's quote "There are only two options regarding commitment, you're either in or you're out.  There's no such thing as life in-between."  Feel as you may about Pat Riley but his quote sums up my approach to life and to business.  Let me explain how I've applied that to tomorrow's Christmas in July event at Zoe Boutique!

If I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it full throttle or I'm just not going to do it.  Having learned a great deal from the last two Christmas in July events (can you believe this is my THIRD one at Zoe??), my decision for an event (a Black Saturday sale and a Kathlin Argiro Trunk Show) were easy.  I was so thrilled that Kathlin was willing to sign up for a second year AND allow me to select new wrap dress fabrics for the occasion!  Plus, we had a special treat - a bridal gown that Kathlin had custom designed and made for one of our customers!


The next step was to start publicizing the event.  The young lady who is in charge of social media has done an excellent job of trumpeting the event on Facebook and Twitter.  In fact, when I spoke with my brother over the weekend, he said "There is one thing I know."  I asked him "What's that?"  He said "Black Saturday is July 20th."  (He is an avid Zoe Facebook and Twitter follower!)

Then, it was time to reach out to the bloggers and fashion press.  I sat down one Sunday afternoon and wrote to every outlet that I knew of that I had a) met the blogger/editor or b) had great respect for their product.  The results paid off with numerous mentions this week!

Then it was time to target Zoe's most loyal customers - our email and mailing list!  My email guru, Jenn Barton, crafted the message to go out to Zoe's list.  And we mailed over 200 postcards, many with personal messages, to that same list.

We're having a great event tomorrow.  I can't wait - I am so excited I can hardly wind down tonight.  Because I'm ALL IN.  Check back on Sunday to find out the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment