Thursday, June 27, 2013

Retail Minded

A few months ago, the young lady in charge of social media and communications for the Old Town Boutique District put out a call for volunteers to be interviewed for an article on how to make the most of your time at market or trade shows.  I thought to myself "I've learned a lot in the past three years.  I wonder if they would think anything I would have to say would be valuable?"  So I volunteered myself.  Before I knew it, a writer had contact me to set up a phone interview.  Oh my!

We had an easy discussion over the lunch hour one day in February.  I shared my frank perspectives with the writer regarding everything from respecting appointment times to taking along water and snacks (so low blood sugar doesn't affect your judgement!)  My comments, along with those of three others, were included in their Spring Quarterly magazine (April/May/June). 


Retail Minded really is a great magazine for anyone who owns (or is considering owning) a boutique.  Their tagline is "News, Education & Support for Boutique Businesses."  Between their quarterly magazines, website postings (find them here), Facebook page, and Twitter feed (@RetailMinded) they curate and share timely and useful information. 

Retail Minded also recently conducted a day long conference (the Independent Retailer Conference) in New York City.  I could not attend so I sent Tara, Zoe's Assistant Manager.  She had a great day of networking with other store owners and managers, viewing panel discussions, hearing from retail experts, and visiting vendors. 

So if you are looking for a great resource (or are just insanely curious as to all that goes on behind the scenes), check them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment