Sunday, November 7, 2010

Oh Wow!

Those were the words that I said when I opened the email from web designer Mark this afternoon just before our scheduled call to review the two mood board samples.  Like Cori and Lisa, Mark has done an excellent job of capturing all that makes Zoe so special.

Mood Board Number One (that we are dubbing the Fashion Industry look) is very sleek and uses a bold color palette.  The primary fonts are Serif and Sans Serif with a gorgeous font called Jane Austen that would be used for one of the features.  If I had to compare Mood Board Number One to an existing website, I'd say it has a bit of Ann Taylor and Nordstrom combined.

Mood Board Number Two (that we are dubbing the Boutique look) is very fresh, light, and fun.  Mark used Zoe Girl as the inspiration for the color scheme on Mood Board Two and picked out some elements of her style to compliment the look.  The fonts are easy to read and a bit playful (one is called Coquette)!  If I had to compare Mood Board Number Two to an existing website, I'd say it has a bit of Design Sponge look to it.

Mark is able to use some of the unique fonts via a subscription based service called TypeKit.  Rather than attempt to use my own words to describe it, I'll let you read more about it here.  One of the things that I really like about it is that it makes the unique fonts not graphic but instead text.

The next step is for me to decide which direction I want to go and identify those aspects that I like and don't like for that mood board.  If I do that, he may be able to have a design of the Home Page ready for me to review by the end of the week!  He has also recommended a developer for me - Phil, who lives in Vancouver.

Today's conversation was wonderful and truly lifted my spirits after the frustrating few weeks I've had with the lease.

No comments:

Post a Comment