Monday, April 25, 2011

Who's The Boss

Sometimes, I need to be reminded of this!  And what better way than for a blog posting from Sheila Walsh to show up in my email inbox just in time.  In her post today, she quotes from one of my favorite Psalms:

Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and prosper for us the work of our hands—O prosper the work of our hands!—Psalm 90:17 NRSV 


I used to keep a copy of this Psalm pinned to my wall at my previous job.  But I'm ashamed to say that I had forgotten to bring it to Zoe.  Sheila's point in her blog posting is that we should thank God for the gifts we've been given and ask Him for opportunities that day to use them for His glory!  I normally start each morning at Zoe with a prayer but this is a good reminder to make this request front and center!


Things have been busy with the store!  Friday was a hideously cold and rainy day.  But a previous customer brought a friend shopping in the afternoon and they had a great time!  That's what I love about the job - the opportunity to share in and provide a place for people to enjoy themselves.  


Saturday was also busy with lots of out of town visitors.  I'm meeting people from all over the US, with a significant concentration visiting from the Northeastern states for the day or a weekend.  I get asked LOTS of questions, from where to find a good vegan meal in Old Town to where the "Spite House" is located!  


One exciting event on Saturday was a customer coming into the store telling me that she had seen one of my bags (carried by another customer still shopping in Old Town) and it prompted her to come to shop at Zoe!  Love that!


I was closed on Easter Sunday as were several of the stores in Old Town, including the Christmas Attic across the street from Zoe.  While I missed Zoe, it was wonderful to observe the holiday fully and spend quiet time with Jim.  On my day off today (Monday), I couldn't help but go in to check on her!


I'm getting geared up for this weekend's Grand Opening!  So excited to formally introduce Zoe to the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment