- Wow - I have to put make-up on every day now!
- Orientation at the new job was VERY brief.
- No forms to fill out (I've been filling out forms for the past year)
- I already know where the bathroom is
- I don't need to wait for IT to set me up with computer access
- My job description contains multiple roles plus the ever famous "other duties as assigned"
- I'm losing a lot of weight being on my feet all day (serious diet tip - start your own business!)
- I feel like June Cleaver sweeping the floors in high heels
At around 11:30, my friend Janice arrived with cupcakes from Alexandria Cupcake! I HAD to help myself to a Red Velvet! Soon after, friends Karen and Kathryn came to visit as well! And I was overwhelmed with lovely gifts of flowers and cookies from friends both in and outside the area as well as my landlord!
Around lunchtime, friends Dave and Stacy stopped by for some shopping and face to face catch-up! And after lunch, neighbor Claire came shopping as well! I had a delightful time meeting lots of new people browsing the store - both local residents and people visiting the DC area!
Lots of deliveries yesterday (in addition to all of the flowers!) A shipment of wrap dresses from Frenzii, and the table for the store (had been on backorder). And more visits from my broker, my security system salesman, and a couple who had looked at the space for their MedSpa business last summer!
Only one "sketchy" character came in yesterday - asking if there was an ATM in the store. When we told him the location of the closest one (a PNC machine just a block down Union), he left but didn't head in that direction. Hmmmm. Hopefully I won't have a lot of those kinds of folks coming in.
Janice stayed with me until a quarter till five, making the day fly by! Not long after she left, I realized "I'm tired!" It had been a busy day plus all of the adrenaline! I closed out the register and did a small amount of paperwork before heading home. It had been an awesome day!
On the business side of things, I am seeing the deposits from credit card purchases within 2 days into my bank account. I will confess it is exciting to have money going INTO the account rather than always going out!