Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Confession

So, here we are.  If you remember my vow from three weeks ago, I said I was going to have my business plan done by today.  More on that in a moment, but first a brief interlude...

Today, I met my dear friend Akram for coffee in the Courthouse area of Arlington.  I got there a little early and walked Courthouse and Clarendon, looking at potential space!  It is a great area and very vibrant, even on a Wednesday at mid-afternoon.  When Jim and I lived in Arlington, we spent a fair amount of time over there and this was before they had focused on the significant upgrades to the neighborhood.  The big negative is that it is far enough away from my house to be of concern.  I have to admit, if I have two things that are pretty important to me in my location (in addition to it being a good business location) it is that it is a walkable area (that Main Street feel) and that it (ideally) is within 10 minutes of my house with light traffic.  Hey, a girl can dream, right?

I did see a couple of spaces of interest, though, and will follow up.  My visit was Akram was great - as always, he had such good questions about my venture and was very encouraging and supportive. 

Well, back to the confession.  The business plan is **GASP** not done yet.  I'm continuing to make good progress but really need the results of my trip to NY to finalize it.  I was going to put an excuse out there like "Well, it's not midnight yet so I'm not late," but I know I'm not going to be done by midnight.  You may all abuse me at will.

No comments:

Post a Comment