Monday, July 19, 2010

Goldilocks Syndrome

Yes, I definitely have Goldilocks Syndrome (too big, too small, too hot, too cold).  Yesterday afternoon, Jim and I looked at 13 spaces for Zoe.  (Most we had to look at from outside but some were occupied so we were able to go in).  I was able to eliminate 1/2 of them as definite "No's" and have sent questions to the broker about the other half.  If I had to say, there was really only one or two that are on the "maybe" list unless he comes back to me with favorable answers to my questions.

It was a great experience, though.  And it really allowed me to picture the boutique in a variety of different configurations/locations.  Doing this helps me better define what it is I really want for her.  And allowed me to see what Sunday afternoon traffic (foot traffic) in the different areas looks like.  I haven't decided if I am going to be open on Sundays right away but I need to take into consideration the pros and cons of doing so.

The spaces we looked at were in the Clarendon/Courthouse/Ballston areas of Arlington and Old Town and Del Ray in Alexandria.  I hope to have more to look at and answers to my questions by mid-week!

Just a quick note since I've been talking about the Wall Street bill that had been in conference committee before being passed by both houses.  They have deferred the credit/debit cards fees discussion to the Federal Reserve for a study of what constitutes reasonable fees.  The banks are basically says "we're going to get the fees one way or another" so it looks like the Fed will be determining if it can be less painful for anyone.  (Or if everyone is going to be upset with the result).   It will be interesting to see the results of their study.

No comments:

Post a Comment