Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lessons Learned

Today, I am finally feeling better after being sick for the last two weeks.  It has definitely been a lesson to me to consider how I will handle the store if I am sick like this in the future.

When I first got sick, it felt like a garden variety cold.  Sore throat, runny nose, blah feeling.  Definitely not something that I'd want to share with my customers!  When I didn't get well after 5 - 7 days, started coughing and had horrible sinus headaches, I knew I was in for it.  Having spent the better part of the last two days in bed, I would not be going to the store to open Zoe if she were open for business.  And just imagine - this time of year (the week prior to Christmas and the week after) can be some very important periods for the store!  Not a time to be closed!

It really impresses upon me the need to have good, dependable people to work with me in the store.  Two friends have already said that they would like to do so, which makes me SO happy!   Not only for periods of illness (which I hope are few and far between) but also when I need to go to an appointment or take care of an errand that can only be done during the day.  Knowing that I have people who work the store regularly, know our merchandise, our policies and our customers will give me much needed relief.

On another note, I'm waiting for the estimates for my buildout.  They were to have come in yesterday but have not yet arrived.  A follow-up has been done with the Project Manager.  I'm very eager to see the numbers.  I don't think anything yet has happened quite at Susan speed!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. Got your card and loved the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Valerie! I am continuing to mend - so glad that I can relax at home right now! So glad you liked the picture!

    ReplyDelete