Friday, September 10, 2010

Fashion Events

In all of the excitement of Wednesday, I forgot to post about two big fashion events coming up - one national and one local!

Many of you may be seeing ads for tonight's Fashion's Night Out to kick off New York City's Fashion Week.  Locally, Tysons Corner Center and Tysons Galleria are hosting big events in conjunction with FNO.  I definitely need to "Save the Date" for next year's event and go to New York.  Would be even better than New Years Eve in Times Square!

Beginning next Friday, September 17th through Sunday, September 19th, Old Town Alexandria's Boutique District is hosting a scavenger hunt!  Myself and neighbor Tina are going to "force" ourselves to visit all 28 members of the Boutique District as part of the hunt.  I'm very much hoping that Zoe will be part of this event next year!

This morning, I am touring the site I looked at on Tuesday morning.  The base rent is higher but the landlord covers everything except electricity and char.  I pulled out my business plan and plugged in the numbers to see how it would all average out and it looks reasonable.  The space had been a small museum that was part of an association in Old Town.  The association has moved to another location and took the museum with them and the landlord does not think they can rent that space to the new association taking the office space.  I was not able to "see" into the space (although I've seen a floor plan in the marketing materials they sent me) to really know how much TI and reconfiguration might be needed.

I also got in touch with my potential web designer to set up a time for additional conversation.  I'm really looking forward to getting that ball rolling!  I also went through my business plan and notes and made a list of all of my inventory vendors, their contact information, and the wholesale information.  The challenge I'm having right now is not knowing when I'll have space so I don't know when I can order inventory.  But I know all of the puzzle pieces will fall together!

Happy Fashion Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment