Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Sally Field Moment

Yesterday, I will admit to having a Sally Field Moment.  Just about everyone is familiar with her quote (upon winning an Oscar):

I can't deny the fact that you like me!  You like me!
That is how I felt yesterday when I heard from my broker that the Landlord had two minor changes to what we had proposed in the Letter of Intent and I would need to come in and initial the hard copies so that the Landlord could begin drafting the lease!  While nothing is set in stone yet, we are now finally on the way!  As I told my mom last night "I think Zoe is now dating!"

Definitely a fantastic highlight of the day!  I've continued to keep busy on the other aspects of getting ready for the business, including sign offs on the tissue paper and bag designs for RTR, purchasing my printer/copier/scanner/fax, and contacting my accountant to make him aware of where we are in the process.

Last night, I also had a very positive conversation with Mark, the person who will be performing my web design for Zoe.  He suggested that I consider the use of the Web Publishing system Expression Engine, with the thought that it can grow as my requirements for the web presence grow.   This morning, I will be sending him information on my target audience and style and will also be working on a web wireframe to outline the structure of the site.  We're planning to talk again next week to review the information I've sent and our next steps.

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Also, I agree with the others on Zoe Girl- she is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all of your wonderful enthusiasm and support, Janice! I can't wait to show you the space!

    ReplyDelete