Monday, February 7, 2011

Here We Go!

While I was in Georgia over the weekend, I met with Jenny of Fussy Frog Designs.  I've been looking for some fun, reasonably priced stationary for the store and had received some of her stationary as a gift at Christmas.  She is going to prepare 5 designs for me to start out selling in the store as a fun add-on.  I'm excited about this.

My friend Janice helped me immensely by looking for a unique piece for the cash wrap area during her antique hunting trip in Leesburg this past weekend.  She found a gorgeous piece and emailed pictures to me.  She, friend Karen and I are going to take a look at the piece in person (and see how it would look with my flooring and paint samples) this Thursday.

I have the construction contract and schedule in hand (as well as my own copy of the permit - maybe I'll frame it).  I have some changes to the contract (no surprise there) but the construction company is already working away.  Much of the work can be done by early March but there is a delay in the laying of the flooring which I need to understand more in depth.  Lots to do this week as far as starting to arrange phone and internet service, alarm system and adjust the shipping address for this month's clothing shipments.  I'm going to run over this afternoon to look at the space and will take pictures of anything interesting to share.

I've gotten a lot of great feedback on the Coming Soon sign from people who have seen it in person.  That is just delightful!  AND, we should be ready to launch the website later this week.  I heard from the web developer on Friday that he will be ready for me to look at it in the early part of the week.  I'm thrilled because this is exactly the schedule we agreed to back in December!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post and news! Sounds like things are moving along well.

    ReplyDelete