Tuesday, January 25, 2011

D&B

No, not Dave & Busters.  Although that sounds like fun about now!

With D&B, I'm referring to Dun & Bradstreet.  I received a mailing today that they had assigned my LLC a  D-U-N-S number (Data Universal Numbering System) and asked that I update my profile.  I started work on it this afternoon and will continue to do so this week.  Since many companies (including ones I've worked for in the past) check your D&B report before making decisions about the business, I do want to have an accurate representation out there.

And (woo hoo!) I mailed my 1099s today.  As I told Brian and Janie, the alignment of the forms and the printing was the most difficult thing.  I will then need to send the 1096 form to the government by 2/28.  Glad to have those in the mail.

Knowing that my banner will be ready to go by early next week, I asked the landlord's broker if they could remove the "Leased" signs from the front of the store.  They confirmed that they would take them down ASAP.

I was really delighted that the head of the Old Town Boutique District emailed me with a reference to an organization that does speciality maps directed at tourists.  She said that she had found it advantageous to advertise her business with this organization.  I am meeting with a representative from the company on Thursday morning.

And I was also delighted that my friend Renee asked me if Zoe would donate something to her son's school's silent auction coming up in May.  He goes to school in the City of Alexandria so it will be a perfect venue to introduce Zoe to more people and support an excellent cause at the same time.  I'm already thinking about what I want to donate!

Taking bets on whether or not Zoe's permits get pulled tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment